UNITS OF INSTRUCTION
PLAIN PAINTING: –
- Tool and equipment-description, uses and care.
- Surface preparation of substrates-plaster, wood, plastic, iron and steel etc.
- Selection of surface coatings.
- Sequence and application techniques.
COLOUR THEORY: –
- Basic colour theories Munsell and bs4800.
- Different types of harmonious schemes.
- Effects of natural and artificial light on colour.
- Colour mixing.
- Safety colours.
- Construction of different type faces i.e. stroke thickness, spacing and layout,
- Screen printing.
PAPER HANGING: –
- Identification description, uses and care of tools
- Surface preparation
- Types and uses of preparatory papers, decorative paper, relief and emboss paper.
- Adhesive types and uses.
- Hanging techniques – shading, trimming, matching, plastering, handing and smoothing
- Parts of spray gun and functions
- Types of gun and uses
- Compressor-parts, function and working principles.
- Masking and spraying techniques
- Spray defects causes and prevention
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Ladder, trestles, stepladders, ladder brackets etc., – uses
- Parts and functions of tubular scaffolds
- Types of tubular scaffolds and uses.
- Procedure for erection, maintenances, dismantling and storage.
- Safety precautions and safety nets.
- Types of suspended scaffolds cradles and bonus chairs.
APPLIED DECORATION: –
- Object and freehand drawing
- Stencils positive, negative and multi plant templates, collage and wall hangings.
- Areas and volumes of- square, rectangle, triangle cube, circles, cylinder, cone etc.
- Method of measuring units linear, area, volume, allowance for opening and corrugations.
- Proportions, percentages average and ratio.
- Simple costing of labour and materials. Mechanics of scaffolding simple levers and beams
- Quantities and costs of wall and ceiling hangings.
CRAFT SCIENCE: –
- Chemical and physical properties of substrates
- Environment of influence of substrates.
- Characteristics of materials and surface coatings
- Effects of the environment of materials and coating
- Defects: – causes, prevention and remedy.
Creative Arts Technology Certificate II – Technical Exams Unit.
- After on or more years of practical or industrial experience a student can pursue the Advanced Craft at some Polytechnics and Technical Institutions.
- Higher National Diploma in Graphics in the Technical University