The course deals generally with WELDING, (i.e. the joining of metals) and FABRICATION (i.e. formation of object using metals).
It covers areas such sheet metal work, structural steel work, repair and maintenance of metal products as well as hard surfacing of machine / engineering parts and welding.
Application of welding processes used in modern industries such as manual metal is welding and cutting, oxy-acetylene welding and cutting MIG/MAGS welding.
TIGS / TAGS welding processes are extensively covered together with other special welding processes example, spot, submerge plasma and electroslag welding.
COURSE OF CONTENT:
- WELDING SCIENCE:
Atomic structure, heat, stress & strain of metals, chemistry of welding, temperature & heat treatment of metals.
Production and properties of metals, carbon, iron and alloy steel, effect of heat and distortion in welding.
- OXY-ACETYENE WELDING:
General safety precaution, principles and equipment, techniques of welding. Positions cast iron welding, brazing and bronze welding, pipe welding.
- BASIC ELECTRICAL PRINCIPLES:
Electrical technology, alternating current, direct current earthling etc.
- METAL ARC WELDING:
Machines and accessories, general safety, electrode and welding consumables. Techniques and practice of welding cast iron welding, pipe welding etc.
- CUTTING PROCESS:
Gas cutting of iron and steel, flaming gouging, oxy-arc cutting, arc-air cutting etc.
- INSPECTION AND TESTING OF WELDS: Non-destructive test, destructive test.
- ADDITIONAL PROCESSES: Submerge arc welding, resistance welding, thermit welding, stud welding.
- ENGINEERING DRAWING: Development and pattern making etc.
WELDING AND FABRICATION ADVANCED LEVEL
ENTRY REQUIREMENT: certificate II with two years or more relevant industrial experience.
DURATION OF COURSE: Two Years
- Welding Science: Metallic Alloy, Equilibrium Diagrams and Their Uses, Etc.
- Metallurgy: Identification of Stainless, Alloy Steels Weld Decay, Chromium Steels and Nickel Steels. The Effect of Heat on The Structure Alloy Steels.
- Design for Welding (ie, Weld Preparation)
- Variables in Welding Fabrication
- Consumable and Machinery for Welding
- Welding Processes
- Welding Carbon and Alloy Steels
- Welding Stainless Steel
- Welding Aluminum and Luminum Alloys
- Welding Cast Iron and Cast Steels
- Welding Copper and Copper Alloys
- Quality Control and Inspection
- Weld Costng And Testing
- Special Applications in Welding
- Installation and Maintenance
- Safety in Welding
- Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (Tig/Tag)
- Metal Inert Gas Welding (Mig/Mag)
PROGRESSION: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PART II
TRAINING PROGRAMMES IN WELDING
The Oxyacetylene Flame
Several processes are studied:
- Oxyacetylene Welding
- Braze welding
- Oxy-cutting and other processes of thermal cutting.
For each of these processes mentioned, a theoretical approach prepares one towards the practical exercise to be carried out in our workshop.
ELECTRIC ARC WELDING WITH COATED ELECTRODES: The principles learnt will help one to understand and to master the preparation of the work: choice of electrodes, adjustment of the station, preparation of the joint etc. The content includes a lot of practices with steel from the fusion line to the overhead welding, including the resurfacing of a cavity.
ELECTRIC ARC WELDING UNDER GSEOUS ATMOSPHERE WITH CONSUMABLE ELECTRODE: Like in the case of welding with coated electrode the session comprises all the theoretical aspects enabling one to master the variables very, as well as the practice with steel. The latter covers the work from the preparation of the joint up to checking the quality of the weld.
ELECTRONIC ARC WELDING UNDER INTERT ATMOSPHERE WITH
The programme follows the same lines as those of the MIG-MAG welding. The practical work equally makes use of steels of all types of thickness.
WELDING OF ALUMINUM
The training, essentially practical, includes two welding process: MIG-MAG and TIG on sheets and pipes of different thickness.
WELDING OF STAINLESS STEEL
Three processes are concerned: welding with electrode, MIG-MAG and TIG on sheet and pipes of different thickness. Trainee acquires a good mastery of the methods of protects the weld.