Motor Vehicle Mechanic’s Work deals with all aspects of Vehicle Repair Works. It also covers Commercial Vehicles and other Heavy Equipment.
- ENGINES: Principle/Construction and Operation (Diesel/Petrol) servicing, troubleshooting/diagnoses, Over hauls
- ENGINE TUNE – UP: (i) Basic Automatic Electricity Principles/layout of the ignition, charging, lighting and starting systems. (ii) Fuels: Principles, layout, Construction and Operation of the Tank Feed pumps (Manual/Electrical) carburetors, Fuel injectors and injection pumps, servicing, troubleshooting/diagnosis.
- TRANSMISSION: Principle/layout, construction and operation of clutches (manual automatic) propeller shaft/draft shafts, rear axle/half shafts. Servicing, troubleshooting/diagnosis and overhauls.
- BRAKES: Principle Layout Construction and Operation of Disc, Drum and Power brakes, Servicing, Troubleshooting/diagnosis and overhaul. Disc, Drum and Power brakes, Servicing, troubleshooting/diagnosis and overhaul.
ii. STEERING: Principle/layout, construction and operation of steering boxes, suspension systems, steering angles, wheel alignment, servicing, troubleshooting and overhaul
- MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANICS CERTIFICATE 1-2 YEARS INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN’S PART 1
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN’S PART 2
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN’S PART 3 OR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA.